If you get excited by yummy dairy-free vegetarian recipes, you're gonna love this one. For the smoothest consistency, use cashews or peeled almonds. Because of their alkaline nature, almonds help keep your blood at a neutral Ph. And if you buy them raw, they'll germinate when you soak them. Note for raw friends: Cashews are heated after being picked, even those labeled "raw".
- Yields 1½ – 1¾ cups.
- 1 cup almonds or cashews
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Soak 1 cup of almonds or cashews in 2 cups of water. If you're in a very warm climate, soak them in your refrigerator.
- After 8 – 12 hours, discard the soaking water and rinse the nuts.
- In a blender, place the nuts and enough fresh water to allow the blender to operate.
- Blend, gradually adding enough water to achieve a smooth consistency.