- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Butter a 9-inch spring-form pan, and line bottom with parchment paper. Butter paper.
- Melt chocolate in a small heavy saucepan over very low heat.
- Stir until smooth, remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine melted chocolate, tofu, chocolate soymilk, whole egg, brown sugar, cocoa, flour, vanilla and coffee granules in a blender or food processor.
- Purée until blended and smooth.
- Beat egg whites in a metal mixing bowl until stiff but not dry.
- Add granulated sugar, and beat 1 minute more.
- Pour about one-third of the chocolate/tofu mixture onto the beaten whites, and mix gently.
- Mix in remaining chocolate/tofu mixture in two or three more batches.
- Pour cake batter into prepared spring-form pan.
- Bake until slightly set around edges but still jiggly in center, for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cool on a wire rack.
- When cool, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days. The chocolate flavor is richer the next day.
- To serve, run a knife around cake edge, and gently remove outside of pan.
- Slide cake from pan bottom onto a cake plate.
- Spread raspberry preserves over top of cake. Cover with fresh fruit.
- Use a hot knife to slice, wiping knife between cuts.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.