- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, dust with flour and set aside.
- Beat margarine and sugar together in a large mixing bowl using an electric beater.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until mixture is light in color and eggs are well combined.
- Add soymilk and orange extract, beating until well combined.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder, and beat batter on low speed for about 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Fold orange zest, pecans and dried apricots in by hand just until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared bread pan.
- Place apricot halves on surface down center of loaf.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until top is golden and a tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, take bread from pan and cool loaf on rack until just warm.
- Stir together orange juice and sugar, if using, and drizzle mixture over top, letting sugar mixture firm before slicing.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.