A standard recipe requiring leavening can be made egg-free by increasing the required amount of baking powder by 1 tsp for each egg omitted.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield 1 loaf.
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ cups flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 bananas, finely crushed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and crushed bananas. Combine well.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes.
- Keeps well, refrigerated.