A lactose free version
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 150g chopped pancetta (or bacon (easier to chopped when semi frozen))
- 1/2 onion
- 1 carton of Soy Cream for two people (2 cartons for 4 servings)
- 2 eggs
- Juice of half a lemon
- non dairy margarine
- Olive Oil
- Cooked pasta (traditionally Spaghetti)
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water with 1 teaspoon oilve oil
- Melt the soya spread in a large pot adding a liitle oil. Saute the onion, garlic and bacon.
- Whisk the eggs and soya cream and lemon jiuce with a generous grinding of black pepper. Add to the pot
- Quckly mix in the drained pasta.
- Add salt to taste (or non dairy parmesan)
- Optionally finely chopped parsley can be added