- 1 cup corn flour
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peeled and finely shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or any liquid sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Mix to combine the ingredients. If you overmix, the bread will be tough.
- Oil and flour the loaf pan. Pour the batter into the pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake the bread in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Carefully remove the baked bread from the pan and cool for five minutes. Serve the bread warm.