A Chocolate Cake substutute using Yellow Cake Mix Substitute
- 4 cups Yellow Cake Mix Substitute
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 8" round cake pans OR one 13" x 9" cake pan with nonstick baking spray containing flour and set aside.
- Pour one portion of the cake mix into a large bowl and stir in the cocoa powder. Make a well in center of mix and add vanilla, butter, eggs, and 1 cup milk. Beat mixture 1 minute with electric mixer at low speed until blended. then stir in 2 tablespoons milk and the melted chocolate. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl and beat 2 minutes longer at medium speed until batter is smooth.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake the layer cakes at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until cake springs back when pressed lightly in center and begins to pull away from edges of pan. Bake the 9" x 13" cake for 25-35 minutes until the cake tests done.