This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
- 225 g (8 oz) of (dairy Free / gluten free) dark continental chocolate
- 15 g (1/2 oz (1 tablespoon of dairy free margarine
- 1 tablespoon of Cognac or brandy
- 4 large free-range eggs, separated
- Break the chocolate into small pieces, place in a large bowl with 4 tablespoons of water and melt in the microwave.
- Stir in the margarine and Cognac and microwave very briefly.
- Now stir in the egg yolks. in another bowl, whisk the egg whites until they are stiff and forming firm peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture using a metal spoon.
- Gently spoon the mousse mixture into ramekins and carefully level off.
- Cover each mousse with clingfilm (plastic wrap) and chill them for several hours or until they are firmly set.
- Remove the clingfilm (plastic wrap) and serve each ramekin on a little plate with a couple of tiny