- 1 1/2 cups graham crumbs, or store-bought oatmeal cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted margarine
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup (fair trade) non-dairy chocolate chips (if you can't find it in chip form, buy bars and coarsely chop them yourself)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup or corn syrup
- 1/4 cup Kahlua or other coffee flavoured liqueur, or try Grand Marnier, or Bourbon, or rum...whatever tickles your fancy (optional)
- 4 tbsp soy milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted margarine and press into a 9" pie plate, all along the bottom and sides.Bake for ten minutes, the remove from the oven.
- While the pie crust is baking, whisk together the soymilk and starch until frothy. Whisk in the syrup and molasses, booze and salt.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Pour into the pie shell, and bake 40–45 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Top each slice with a dollop of tofu whipped cream for a beautiful finish.