- 200 g (7 oz) 1 cup of caster (superfine) sugar
- 170 g (6 oz) dark chocolate
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 600 ml (20 fl oz) 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of rum (optional)
- 3/4 cup (75 g) unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch-processed best)
- In a large saucepan, whisk together 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) of the water with the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Bring to a boil, whisking frequently. Let it boil, continuing to whisk, for 45 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until it's melted.
- Then stir in the remaing water and blend in a blender for 16 seconds.
- Chill well/.
- Then churn and freeze the sorbet in an ice-cream maker for 20 minutes, or until frozen but manageable.
- Scrape into a scalable container and freeze until needed.
- Serve the sorbet straight from the freezer.