- 255 g (9 oz) dark chocolate
- 55 g (2 oz) 1/4 cup of dairy free margarine
- 75 ml (2 1/2 fl oz) 1/4 cup soya cream
- Brandy, Cognac or Cointreau (or 1 teaspoon of pure Madagascan vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon of warm water or black coffee, if no alcohol is desired)
- Break the chocolate into a bowl, add the margarine and melt briefly in the microwave.
- Stir in the cream and mix well together. Add the brandy or liqueur, or the vanilla extract and coffee mixture, and stir together until smooth.
- Leave to cool and when the mixture is firm, mould teaspoons of the chocolate into balls in your hands.
- Roll the balls in cocoa powder and leave in the refrigerator to set. (Alternatively, roll them in toasted nuts, powdered sugar)
- Place the truffles in little foil or paper cases and serve cool but not rock hard and cold.
You can arrange them in a pretty box, tied up with a ribbon to give as a gift, these trurrles need to be kept chilled.