- 3¾ cup water
- 1½ cup rice, brown, raw
- ⅓ cup margarine, non-dairy
- 2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, green or red , diced
- egg replacer to equal 4 eggs
- ½ cup soymilk
- 2½ cup nutritional yeast cheesy sauce
- 1½ cup corn kernels, cooked
- ¼ cup parsley, fresh
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp dill
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper to taste
- 2 cup zucchini, grated
- 2 cup squash, yellow, grated
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 4 cup broccoli pieces, bite-sized and florets, steamed
- 2 tsp margarine, non- dairy
- Bring the water to a boil in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in the rice, reduce the heat to a simmer, then cover and cook until the water is absorbed, about 35 minutes. This may be done ahead of time.
- Heat the margarine in a large skillet.
- Add the chopped onion and saute over moderate heat until it is translucent.
- Add the diced bell pepper and saute over moderate heat until the onion is golden.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg replacer with the soymilk, nutritional yeast cheesy sauce, corn kernels and herbs.
- Stir in the cooked rice and the onion mixture and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In the same skillet, combine the grated squashes with just enough water to keep the bottom of the skillet moist.
- Cover and steam until wilted, about five minutes.
- Stir in the scallions.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Oil two 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pans, preferably glass.
- Assemble as follows: transfer about one-fourth of the rice mixture to each of the loaf pans and pat in.
- Divide the steamed squash evenly between the two loaf pans and pat in over the rice mixture.
- Top each with the remaining rice mixture.
- Sprinkle the tops with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until the top and edges are golden and crusty.
- In the meantime, steam the broccoli until bright green and crisp-tender.
- Drain and toss the vegetable with the margarine.
- Once the loaves are done, cool for 10 minutes before slicing loaves into 8 or 10 slices each, allowing for two slices per person.
- To serve, arrange the slices in an overlapping circular pattern on a large platter.
- Place the broccoli in the center.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.