- Cornbread stuffing.jpg|thumb|300px|right]]
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups soy milk
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 3 scallions (white and light green parts), chopped
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups whole Wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Lightly oil 8 1/2-inch square baking pan.
- In large bowl, sift together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, chili powder, salt, thyme, oregano, sage and Cayenne if desired.
- Bake until Cornbread is light golden brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely in pan before crumbling to use in stuffing.