- coffee Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Tbs. instant decaffeinated coffee granules
- 1 Tbs. pure vanilla extract
- Custard Filling
- 3 cups 1% vanilla soy milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup liquid fat-free egg product
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 oz. low-fat silken tofu, pureed
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 pkg. ladyfinger biscuits ladyfingers
- 2 Tbs. cocoa powder for dusting
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon for dusting
1. Make syrup: In small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in Sugar, instant coffee and vanilla extract. Set aside.
2. Make custard filling: In top of double boiler, whisk together soy milk, Sugar, egg product, flour and tofu. Set pan over simmering (not boiling) water, and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens, about 8 minutes. Stir in vanilla extract. Remove pan from water, and let cool. Cover, and refrigerate until chilled.
3. To assemble: Line a long rectangular pâté mold with plastic wrap. (Alternatively, use a large, unlined soufflé dish.) Place half the ladyfingers in layer on bottom. Brush ladyfingers with coffee syrup.
4. In small bowl, combine cocoa and cinnamon. Spread half custard mixture on top of ladyfingers. Sprinkle with some cocoa-cinnamon mixture. Repeat with remaining ladyfingers, syrup and custard, topping custard with dusting of cocoa-cinnamon mixture. Cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.