- In food processor, combine both flours, sugar and salt and pulse to mix.
- With machine running, add oil in thin, steady stream, about 5 seconds.
- Remove lid and fluff mixture with fork.
- Replace lid and pulse again 1 to 2 seconds.
- Put ice water in measuring cup.
- With machine running, add 3 tablespoons water in 3-second stream.
- Stop machine at once, remove lid and fluff again with fork.
- Replace lid and add remaining 2 tablespoons water with 2-second pulse; pastry will form large crumbs.
- Turn pastry out onto work surface, scraping bowl thoroughly with rubber spatula.
- Gently knead 2 or 3 times into ball.
- Place dough on large sheet of plastic wrap and flatten into ¾-inch-thick disk; smooth cracked edges.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes before rolling.
- Unlike like a butter pastry, dough won’t become very firm; this is primarily a rest to ensure easy rolling.