- In a deep pot, heat four inches of oil to 350°F.
- Make sure it is the correct temperature!
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy milk and lemon juice or white vinegar.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until well-combined.
- Add sparkling water or club soda and stir lightly and quickly until the batter is of pancake batter consistency.
- Do not over mix or the finished product will be leaden.
- Dredge banana slices lightly in the extra flour, then dip thoroughly in the batter.
- Drop in the hot oil, a few at a time, and fry for 3-4 minutes, turning frequently, until they are a beautiful golden colour.
- Remove from hot oil with a slotted spoon and let rest on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Keep these hot in a 250°F oven. Repeat with remaining banana slices.
- Serve these with generous dollops of vanilla soy ice cream, and/or chocolate sauce, and/or caramel sauce, and/or vegan "whipped cream".
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.