One good aspect about recipe is that the Doughnuts are baked and not fried…. which makes them lower in fat and a “healthier alternative”. However, the baking makes it harder for the sugar and cinnamon to stick to the outside!! So either sprinkle on top before baking or spray with oil sray then roll in sugar.
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Soy Butter
- 1/3 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 egg (or egg replacer substitte)
- 2/3 cup Soymilk
- 2 Tablespoons Caster Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Sift flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt together (or whisk if you don’t have a seive).
- In a separate bowl, use beaters to cream the soy butter and sugar. I found the soy butter wouldn’t “cream” well, so I added some soy milk till it “creamed”. (This was in addition to the 2/3 cup in the ingredients.)
- Add egg substitute, and mix well. Add 1/4 to 1/3 of flour mix; stir until smooth. Add some soy milk; stir again until smooth. Repeat until all ingredients are combined. The dough is quite dense and tacky.
- Spoon dough into miniature muffin tins.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinle over top
- Bake for 20 minutes.