A sweet corn bread
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups soymilk with 2 tsp white vinegar mixed in
- 2 tbsp light, natural oil
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Sift together the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Mix the soymilk, vinegar and oil together in a separate bowl, whisking vigorously until frothy.
- Pour liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir lightly until it is just moistened.
- Fill a lightly oiled pan (9x9” square, 8” round or 12 muffin tins) one-half to two-thirds full.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes (20 minutes if you are making muffins) until edges are brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares or wedges and serve warm.