Recipe by: The New McDougall Cookbook
- from the collection of Sue Smith, s.smith34
- 2½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup wheat bran
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, optional
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup raisins
- 6 tbsp water mixed with 3 tsp Ener-G E
- ½ cup low-fat soy milk
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ¾ cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, bran, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the nuts, apricots, and raisins to the dry ingredients, mixing well to prevent large lumps.
- Pour the egg replacer mixture into a blender.
- Add the soy milk, carrot, and orange juice.
- Process briefly.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; add the honey.
- Mix just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into fifteen nonstick muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Nutritional information Edit
140 calories, 0.7 grams fat per muffin (without walnuts)