Recipe by: the new mcdougall cookbook
- 2 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 6 tbsp water, * see note
- mixed with 3 teasp. ener-g e
- 1/2 cup low-fat soy milk
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 3/4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, bran, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the nuts, apricots, and Raisins to the dry ingredients, mixing well to prevent large lumps.
- Pour the egg replacer mixture into a blender. Add the soy milk, carrot, and orange juice. Process briefly.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; add the honey. Mix just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into fifteen nonstick muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until lightly browned.
140 calories, 0.7 grams fat per muffin (without walnuts) from the collection of sue smith, s.smith34