Recipe makes about eight brown average-size waffles. Note: These waffles freeze well.
- ½ cup white rice flour
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2½ tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar (or white sugar)
- 2 eggs (separated)
- ¾ cup rice or soy milk
- 1 cup berries of choice (fresh or frozen)
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Combine all the dry ingredients, stir in egg yolks, oil, and milk.
- Stir in the berries.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Pour suggested amount of batter for your waffle iron into your waffle maker.
- Most waffle irons use about ¼-cup of batter per waffle.
- Cook three to five minutes, until it no longer steams.