- 4 large free-range egg yolks
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Gluten free cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 heaped tablespoons of caster (superfine) sugar
- 400 ml (4 fl oz) 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk
- 5 heaped tablespoons of desiccated (shredded) coconut
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) 3 1/2 cup of coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons of toasted coconut pieces
- Make the ice-cream by mixing the egg yolks, cornflour (cornstarch) and sugar together in a bowl, and slowly adding the coconut milk.
- Transfer to a saucepan, add the desiccated (shredded) coconut and cook over a low heat, stirring all the time.
- Cook until thick and smooth, then remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in the coconut cream.
- Once it is cool, pour the custard into your prepared ice-cream maker and churn until frozen and smooth (probably about 20 minutes).
- Serve scoops of ice-cream scattered with toasted coconut pieces