Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) soy margarine
- 1 large leek (white and pale green parts only), thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 large potatoes (about 2 1/4 pounds), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups un-Chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried
- 3/4 cup soymilk
- 4 ounces Tofutti Better Than cream cheese
- 1 cup grated soy Cheddar Cheese (about 3 ounces)
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Additional grated soy Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- Melt soy marg in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add leek and garlic; sauté until tender but not brown, about 4 minutes. Add potatoes and carrots; sauté 5 minutes longer. Add broth and dill; simmer uncovered until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add soymilk to soup.
- Transfer half of soup to blender.
- Add cream cheese and blend until smooth.
- Return soup to pot. Add 1 cup grated soy Cheddar Cheese and stir over low heat.
- Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to large serving bowl.
- Garnish soup with chopped fresh parsley and additional grated soy Cheddar Cheese, if desired.