Tart lemon, nutty walnuts and sesame seeds, rich coconut and smooth, sweet dates come together to make these delightfully refreshing treats.
- From: www.wholefoodsmarket.com
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes about 18
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- Place dates, lemon juice and zest, walnuts and sesame seeds in a food processor.
- Pulse and blend until completely mixed.
- The mixture will be slightly sticky.
- With dampened hands, roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls.
- Roll in coconut and chill until ready to serve.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (1 lemon treat/31g-wt.):
- 140 calories (100 from fat)
- 11 g total fat
- 2.5 g saturated fat
- 4 g protein
- 10 g total carbs
- 3 g dietary fiber
- 7 g sugar
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 5 mg sodium