Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- freshly brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp hot chocolate mix (there are many that have no dairy, such as Ghiardelli)
- sugar to taste
- hazelnut torani syrup
- soy milk
- non-dairy whipped cream in a can
- While the coffee is brewing, warm the soymilk (about ½ - ¾ cup depending on if you're making 1 or 2 mochas) over low heat. This is important. It keeps it from coagulating when it hits the hot coffee.
- Pour coffee into a big ol' mug (a mug that holds 2 cups of liquid) and fill it ¾ of the way to the top.
- Add the hot chocolate mix, hazelnut syrup (I usually put one spoonful in) and sugar (I use 2 spoons of sugar) and mix it up.
- Fill to the brim with the soymilk.
- Top off with a layer of whipped cream.