Californian dessert recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1-2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup (optional)
- Melt peanut butter, butter, sugar, salt, and milk over low heat, stirring often, or in Crock-Pot Little Dipper or fondue pot.
- Stir until mixture is smooth and caramel colored, adding more milk as needed to reach a smooth dipping consistency.
- If desired, add chocolate sauce and stir well.
- Continue heating until warmed through.
- Serve plain peanut butter fondue with toast and jam sandwiches as dippers; chocolate - Peanut butter fondue is perfect for a variety of fruits as well as ice-cream, cake cubes, etc.
- My sweetie and I eat the first half of this plain, with toast and jam, then add only 1/4 cup chocolate sauce to the remainder for our dessert.