- 8 oz. penne or ziti
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cups prepared tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup half-and-half or plain soy milk
- 2 lbs. thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
2. Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 7 minutes.
3. Stir in tomato sauce and half-and-half, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add asparagus and tarragon and reduce heat to low. Partially cover and cook until asparagus are tender and sauce is slightly thickened, 10 to 12 minutes.