- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1?4-inch thick
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 10 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 1?4 cup plain soy milk
- 8 oz. penne
1. Place red peppers on top of gas burner or under broiler 4 to 5 minutes, turning as skin blackens. Remove and place in paper bag until cool. Peel off charred skin and discard seeds. Cut peppers into thin strips; set aside.
3. Add reserved peppers and cook, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes. Add zucchini, vinegar and basil. Cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth and tomato paste and cook, stirring often, until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir in soy milk and simmer gently.