Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons soy margarine, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- egg replacer = 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream or plain soy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (8-ounce) package Tofutti Better Than cream cheese
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine flour and salt, stirring with a whisk. Combine marg, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and egg replacer in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture to marg mixture; stir just until moist.
Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil that extends 1 inch beyond sides; coat foil with cooking spray. Spread half of batter into pan. Pour cream cheese mixture over batter in pan, and spread evenly over batter. Sprinkle with raspberries. Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls over raspberries. Swirl batter, cream cheese mixture, and raspberries together with a knife.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Remove from pan by lifting foil. Remove foil; cut into bars.