Prep Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 2 cups
Healthy and light, this ricotta cheese substitution is great for pasta dishes like lasagna, manicotti and ravioli, and it also works well in vegetable bakes and casseroles. This is also refreshing as a cool and creamy addition to a fresh salad. While most recipes with tofu call for you to drain it, you do not need to do so for this recipe; just open the box!
Best used to replace:
- 2 12-oz. blocks Extra Firm Silken Tofu
- 1 t. honey or agave nectar
- 2 t. apple cider vinegar
- 2 t. salt, plus more to taste
- In a small bowl, mash the tofu with a fork or crumble with your hands.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Ricotta will keep for 3 days in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Use Smoked Tofu for a smoked cheese flavor'