- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into 4 slices
- 15-oz. can yellow soybeans, with liquid
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add Onion, garlic, carrot, celery and green pepper and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are just tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove and discard ginger.
- Serve hot.