Flavored liquueurs or syrups are a great way to add punch. Try creme de menthe and chocolate chips, or coffee liqueur, or instant coffee powder...
This would be especially great as a vegan brownie sunday using our brownie mix, or a vegan ice cream sandwich using one of our cookie mixes, or serve with our rich chocolate cake.
- 1 tetra box firm silken tofu or 8 ounces soy yogurt
- 2 cups soy milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup (or a combination)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Combine all 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Blend in any desired flavoring ingredients (see below).
- Pour into your ice cream machine, and prepare following the manufacturer's instructions.
For various flavors, add:
- For Banana Soy Ice Cream, blend in 2 ripe bananas
- For Strawberry Soy Ice Cream, blend in 12 – 16 frozen and partially thawed strawberries.
- For Ginger Soy Ice Cream, add either ¼ cup preserved ginger or 1 to 2 inches grated fresh ginger (for preserved ginger, add to food processor so it gets ground up).
Use your imagination to come up with new flavors!