- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 small zucchini, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black soybeans (if canned, rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup canned whole tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 4 Tbs. soy cheese
- 4 tsp. chopped cilantro (optional)
- 2 cups yellow corn tortilla chips
- Hot sauce for garnish (optional)
1. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add Onion, jalapeño and garlic and cook, stirring often, until Onion is slightly soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add broth, oregano, zucchini, soybeans and tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is almost soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice.
2. Ladle soup into bowls and top each serving with some cheese and cilantro if using; top with tortilla chips. Serve hot with hot sauce on the side.