- 3 cups thick soy milk (Vitasoy is good)
- 2/3 cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 3 oz pure, unsweetened baker's chocolate
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan. Heat over medium, stirring frequently, until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Serve hot as 1/2 cup portions in wide cups or bowls, sprinkled with extra ground cinnamon on top.
- Dip chunks of the Pan de Muertos into the hot chocolate and enjoy.
- This can also be thinned with extra soy milk or water to make a lovely drinking hot chocolate.