- Ladyfinger Cookies (Click to see separate recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups soy cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups soy sour cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee or espresso, cooled to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup fine-quality bittersweet chocolate shavings (made with a vegetable peeler) or 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
In a standing mixer with the whisk attachment or with a handheld mixer, beat together cream cheese, sour cream and powdered sugar. Stir together coffee and Marsala in a shallow bowl. Dip a ladyfinger in coffee mixture, soaking it about 4 to 5 seconds on each side then transfer to a 5- x 9-inch glass baking dish. Repeat with 8 more ladyfingers, arranging them in the bottom of dish.
Spread half of the cream cheese-sour cream mixture evenly over ladyfingers. Make another layer in the same manner with remaining ladyfingers and cream cheese-sour cream mixture. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour then sprinkle with chocolate and serve.