- 3 cups tofu (silken soft is best)
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice (this is crucial)
- ¼ cup oil + ¼ cup margarine, melted and cooled
- 1 to 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup water or soymilk, if necessary
Crumb crust Edit
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup (scant) soft margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- Blend ingredients well, in order, in a blender, until thick and creamy (add liquid at end only if needed to blend tofu).
- Pour into partially baked crumb crust (below) and bake at 350 °F for ½ hour or until tofu is set in the middle.
- Top with fruit or fruit syrups if desired.