It's easy to make your own homemade pudding mixes. They cost much less than the commercially made mixes.
Can also be frozen to make homemade fudge pops!
- 1 1/4 C powdered soy milk
- 1 1/4 cups cornstarch
- 1 5/8 cups vanilla sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- Add 1/2 cup mix to a saucepan.
- Add 2 cups milk and stir until blended. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer while stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Cool and serve.
Variations: Leave out the vanilla and substitute your choice of extract (almond, banana, lemon, maple or pineapple or other flavor that you like).
Substitute with brown sugar and caramel flavor to make Butterscotch Pudding.