- 2 cups/300g wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup/100g sugar
- 8oz/200g packet of walnut pieces (make it as nutty as you like!)
- about a cup of soya milk (or enough to mix to a good consistency - the wetter you make it, the moister the cake)
- about half a cup of sunflower oil
- the juice of 1 lemon
- Mix up all dry ingredients
- Add the wet ones except lemon juice and mix well.
- At last minute mix in the lemon juice and pour into greased cake tin.
- Bake 190C/380F for at least half an hour, or until a skewer comes out clean.