- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup honey (or use molasses it's good too!)
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 3/4 cup soy milk, or water
- 1 egg (or ¼ cup egg substitute) beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- Sift together cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well with a spoon.
- Pour into a 9" round teflon baking dish (or spray a 9" round glass baking dish with "oil & flour" non-stick spray). or greased 24 muffin tray.
- Bake at 350 °F for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.